Look at what we have for you! A beautiful repurposed plate that sits in a natural stand made from branches. Cheap DIY, but a great decor piece or a handmade gift!
I had so much fun making this craft DIY project, that I couldn't wait to share this with you all. I experimented and tested this method, and I am happy to report back it works! I chose to use a medium I have never used before (you'll see in the video!) and I was excited to learn a new style and technique I can use for more things in my crafts. I loved all the natural elements in this piece. I also found it really relaxing and therapeutic to make. Kids can also join in, they'd love painting and sticking in their natural finds from the park. Gloves and supervision is needed when handling the initial medium used. Mod podge is used after to ensure everything is sealed nicely in place.
What you will need:
- An old plate.
- Mod Podge.
- Printed image, we used this robin and printed on white card.
- Natural findings like twigs, berries, and leaves from your garden or park.
- Scissors, plastic knife, disposable gloves, & a paint brush.
- Gold & white acrylic paint.
- White glitter (optional)
- Sponge stick.
- Hot glue gun- if you will make the stand/optional.
Watch the tutorial:
Photos of the finished project: