Check out these gorgeous open terrariums! Plus learn some tips on how to take care of your open terrarium!
- Make sure you check your open terrarium for annoying flies like gnats or bugs.
- Ensure you have the right plants required for an open terrarium! Plants that require drier conditions and do not thrive on a moist environment. Succulents and cacti do well.
- Unlike closed terrariums, open terrariums don't have their own ecosystem. They do not have a water cycle as it is open to the air around us. This means you need to maintain it more and water it once a week or when you see that the soil is dry. If a plant is dying remove it, the same goes with dry dead leaves too.
- Using cactus and succulents are a popular choice because they need to be watered less, a mist once a week or so will do. They are bright and vibrant, and look beautiful too in all the shapes and textures they come in.
- An open terrarium is easy to get to, you can always add more to it whenever you like and replace plants easier.